McWane, Inc.’s fire safety product manufacturing division, Amerex Corporation operating out of Trussville, AL, was founded more than 50 years ago upon a mutual appreciation for premium quality in products and customer service. Our forward-thinking and innovative engineers do extensive research and testing to ensure that our customers can depend on Amerex industrial systems and hand portable extinguishers to protect lives and property.
- ABC Multi-Purpose Stored Pressure Dry Chemical Extinguishers
- Amerex Defense Products
- Amerex Restaurant Systems
- AMGaDS IV
- Camo Units
- Carbon Dioxide Stored Pressure Extinguishers
- Class D Stored Pressure Dry Powder Extinguishers
- Class D Wheeled Extinguishers
- CO2 Wheeled Extinguishers
- Coast Guard-Approved 2 1/2 Gallon AFFF ATC Foam Extinguishers
- Compressed Air Foam Systems
- Dry Chemical Wheeled Extinguishers
- FAA Approved Halotron I Extinguisher
- Foam Stored Pressure Extinguishers
- Foam Wheeled Extinguishers
- Galvanized Wheeled Extinguishers
- Halon 1211 - Model 600K Wheeled Extinguishers
- Halon 1211 Extinguishers
- Halotron I Clean Agent Extinguishers
- Halotron I Wheeled Extinguishers
- HELIX - PCU Fire Suppression
- High Flow Extinguishers
- High Performance Dry Chemical
- Industrial Systems
- Large Capacity Skid Systems
- Model 240 Water Extinguishers
- MR Conditional Carbon Dioxide Extinguishers
- Novec 1230 Wheeled Extinguishers
- Purple K Stored Pressure Dry Chemical Extinguishers
- Regular Dry Chemical Stored Pressure Sodium Biacarbonate Extinguishers
- Small Bus System
- Stored Pressure Wheeled Extinguishers
- Vehicle Systems
- Water Mist Extinguisher
- Wet Chemical Stored Pressure Class "K" Kitchen Extinguishers
- Wet Chemical Wheeled Extinguishers
Recognized worldwide as a leading manufacturer of premier firefighting products, Amerex Corporation introduced our first fire extinguisher products to the industry in 1971. Based out of Trussville, Ala., our customers know us for our quality, service, and innovation in the areas of hand portables, kitchen protection, vehicle systems and defense. Each and every product is tested and retested to ensure it meets the highest industry standards and we stand behind our products with warranties that are unmatched in the marketplace.
Amerex portable fire extinguishers set the industry standard with unmatched quality. Amerex manufactures an extensive variety of hand-portable and wheeled fire extinguishers, both “compliance” (code required) and “specialty” types. People never think twice about fire extinguishers until they need one, but when they need one the extinguisher must work. All Amerex Fire Extinguishers comply with the recommendations of the National Fire Protection Association and are tested and rated by Underwriters Laboratories or FM Global to ANSI / UL Standards. All extinguisher nameplates contain the necessary HMIS information to comply with national and local OSHA requirements.
The AMEREX® Kitchen Protection (KP™) Fire Suppression System is a staple in commercial kitchens around the world. To meet NFPA guidelines and ensure quality, Amerex stringently tests this product with Underwriters Laboratory to meet UL 300, Standard for Fire Testing of Fire Extinguishing Systems for Protection of Commercial Cooking Equipment. KP is designed to accommodate the needs of building and restaurant owners who utilize restaurant fire suppression systems to protect their valuable property and ensure the safety of the people working in the kitchens.
Amerex vehicle fire suppression systems are for on-road and off-road vehicles found in the mass transit, mining, waste management, and forestry industries. A majority of buses in the transit industry rely on Amerex vehicle systems as an important life safety measure, and our partners in the rugged mining, forestry and waste industries utilize our products to protect their employees and the valuable equipment they operate.
The Amerex Defense division was established in 2010. Like all Amerex products, our defense products undergo rigorous testing in our 4,000 square foot test and development laboratory developed specifically for live fire simulations. This includes explosive fires as well as flammable liquid (Class B) spill fires and common combustible fires (Class A) such as wood and paper. Data is collected and analyzed using a state-of-the-art data acquisition system, with capabilities of measuring and recording system performance such as nozzle and piping pressures, fire and agent temperatures and sound levels while documenting tests on high-speed video equipment Our professional team of product development engineers, application engineers, a test and development lab manager, project manager, contract administrators, field service representatives and a highly skilled technical sales force has nearly 200 years of experience in fire protection and is dedicated to providing the best fire protection solutions in the industry.